Tuesday 31 July 2012

More arm

Elastic makes things so much easier @_@

So I think I mostly finished the mock up of the arm. The shoulder rig didn't hold up nearly as well as I had hoped, but it did at least stabilize the upper arm a bit. I didn't have to hold it any more, so that I'm happy with. Anyhow, without further ado, I present the newly improved arm!




I did identify one problem area, which is the area where the upper and lower arm cross paths. I'm not sure if it was due to the shoulder rig, but the two parts kept getting caught on each other.I think this could be solved if I pad my upper arm with something. That combined with building the shoulder a bit further out from my body should hopefully give the pieces enough room to pass without hitting each other.

I really love the lower arm, though. If it didn't make using a computer impossible, I'd still be wearing it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment