Sunday 29 July 2012

Rough chest design and why multiple screenshots work best

(hey, I actually remembered a title this time!)

Alright, so I finally managed to sit down and stay focused to figure out Soundwave's upper body. It's not the most accurate (or symmetrical -- the left is the "good" side) but I needed to figure out the best way to adjust the proportions so that they actually fit. Soundwave has very broad shoulders and a tiny waist and I... don't really have either. So that needed to be dealt with.



And as you can see, I'm currently doing Soundwave without Laserbeak attached. Depending on how things go, I may make a Laserbeak I can attach and remove when I want. Or maybe have a mini-Laserbeak I can stick on my shoulder like a robotic bat-rat parrot. Maybe get an eyepatch to stick on the helm when I want... Damn, I kinda want to make a pirate Soundwave now ._.;;

Anyway, hopefully I can get foam and/or posterboard soon so I can get working on the real deal (or at least a mock-up that I can put on and test), though I should probably work out the proportions of the legs and diaper first. Same with the head/helm. That thing is a lot more complicated than I first thought, and it doesn't help I'd need to make sure it has enough room for my glasses.

I nearly made a horrible mistake with the chest, however. One of the clearest screenshots of Soundwave's chest that I could find comes from Master & Student when he releases Laserbeak to follow Starscream. The problem is that in that shot, the prong-y things on his chest (blue on my drawing) were up since they are apparently articulated (despite having no visible joint) and point up when he releases his drone ಠ_ಠ

No comments:

Post a Comment