Wednesday 25 July 2012

A wild potential cosplay has appeared!

Wow, has it been a year since my last art post already? Yay procrastination, art block, and some other stuff?

Anyway, decided to update this for a project I started working on: a Soundwave (from Transfromers Prime) cosplay. Not sure how far I'll get or what I'll wear it for, but I figure that it's more productive and engaging than sitting around much of the day.

Right now most of the ideas are in my head with a few sketched out, but I did make a mock-up of Soundwave's right arm out of cardboard, bamboo skewers, tape, and a cheap sheet I was going to use for a different project. Elastic would have been better and kept things on without me having to hold them up (the upper arm/shoulder especially) but I didn't have any on hand.




Pictures kinda suck since I had to put the camera on a bookcase and use the timer, but they ought to give a decent idea of it. (the lower arm is actually longer than it seems, as apparently I can't take a picture without having it at an angle that makes it seem shorter).

Elastic will definitely make things easier and I'll try to get some soon and  replace the regular fabric to see how that works out.

I did some range of motion tests since I was worried that the upper and lower arm will catch, but surprisingly that didn't seem to be a problem. Granted it could be because the upper arm was so loose when I didn't hold it straight (and would hit me in the head...) but I think as long as they're at slightly different angles it won't be a problem as long as I'm mindful of it and don't make quick movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment